Teaser Tuesday: Character Profile
Good early morning, fellow imaginers, and I hope your week is starting off well! Today, we are going to begin our character profiles and inspirations, introducing you all to the world of Metamorphs, my debut novel which I hope to launch by the end of the year! Today we are going to discuss Tristan Davids, our protagonist, and what makes him so worthy of driving this series. Here is a bit of background information to get us started:
Name- Tristan Anthony Davids
Age- The novel kicks off on the eve of his sixteenth birthday
Physical attributes- he is on the smaller side, short and skinny, with brown hair and eyes to round out his fairly average features.
Hollywood dream cast- A young Dylan O’Brian IMDB
- What is your life like now, and if you could change anything about it, what would that be?
- Tristan: Well first, thanks for having me here! While I’m flattered for the interview, I’m honestly not quite sure why you’d want to hear about me! My life was pretty basic: I grew up around a family of overachievers, I love to hang out with my two friends at our local game shop, and I’m essentially a human punching-bag at school. But things are about to change. I recently discovered that I come from a family of well-known superheroes, and despite not having any powers of my own, I’m about to enter into the Academy that they all trained at. I’ll be honest, I’m not sure how I’m gonna pull it off! If I could change anything about my life, it would probably be to become more like my family members. It’s not easy having to live in their shadow, you know?
- What would you like to do or be like that you can’t?
- Tristan: Hahaha, that’s a loaded question! I guess if I had my choice, I would like to have actual abilities and more confidence in myself. I want to discover my own powers, which I’m praying that these professors can guide me towards. If I can do that, I know my confidence will follow. I’ve never really been good at anything, so to have something that makes me truly special, I think will change my life and how I look at myself.
- What are your values?
- Tristan: That’s easy. I believe that family comes first, that you should always look out for the little guy, and that your self-esteem is tied to how you’re perceived by others.
- What are your ambitions?
- Tristan: That’s a little harder to answer. At the end of the day…I guess I want power and recognition. To be able to defend myself and those I love. For people to say that I’ve lived up to my family legacy.
- What is your goal?
- Tristan: To survive my first year! Hahaha! To survive my first year!
Personal Thoughts– Tristan is a fun character to write and develop, and perhaps the easiest. Out of all the characters, his was the personality that I could more closely relate to. A natural introvert, Tristan is shy, awkward, and as self-deprecating as they come. He longs to be like the rest of his family, who seem to have everything together, but lacks the confidence to ever really step up. He’s a ball of conflicting emotions, one minute wanting to avoid the eyes of his teachers, while desiring the respect and admiration of his peers. His new circumstances, however, change all of this, forcing Tristan out of his comfort zone and thrusting him towards a destiny he never could have imagined. Without powers, Tristan is going to have to succeed at a school where the extraordinary is normal and show them all what it means to be truly special.
Hope you all enjoyed reading this character profile! Until next time, keep imagining!
Photo by photo-nic.co.uk nic on Unsplash