Teaser Tuesday: Character Profile
Good morning, fellow imaginers, and happy Tuesday! Hopefully your week is off to a great start and you’re ready to take on the world! Today, we are going to be continuing our series of character profiles, bringing you interviews from the world of Metamorphs! We will be looking at one of the fan-favorites in the series, Christian Josephs, a character who is as likely to steal your heart as he is your girlfriend. The charismatic and charming best friend of our hero, Chris is the comic relief that helps keep the team together through difficult times. Here is a bit of background information to get us started:
Name- Christian Josephs
Physical attributes- he is skinny, slightly taller than average, with model-like features. Long, thick brown hair, brown eyes and pale skin.
Hollywood dream cast- Joe Keery, everyone’s favorite cool kid in Stranger Things. IMDB
- What is your life like now, and if you could change anything about it, what would that be?
- Chris: My life is great, to be honest! Kind of hard to have a bad day when you look like this (winks to camera). No, I’m just messing with you! Delete that part! But seriously, I can’t complain. If anything, I’d want to control these powers of mine better and kinda figure out what the deal is with them. They can be a little unpredictable.
- What would you like to do or be like that you can’t?
- Chris: I’d like to be Jennifer Lawrence’s boyfriend (grinning). If that’s not an option, I guess I’ll just say…I dunno. I try not to think too deeply into things. I’m not trying to get all touchy-feely with my emotions, you know?
- What are your values?
- Chris: I value friendship, acceptance, and control. I get along with people pretty easily, but there’s a difference between people you get along with and people that you can be yourself around. The latter is hard to find. Along the same lines, I look for acceptance, whether it’s from my looks or my attitude. As for control, I hope to one day be able to control whatever it is that’s inside of me.
- What are your ambitions?
- Chris: To be named in Maxim’s “Sexist Metamorphs Alive” article. Hahaha, I don’t know! I’m 16! I’m lucky if I can dream past my next date.
- What is your goal?
- Chris: To help my team however I can. And to get Tiffany Carrell’s number. Seriously, she’s the hottest girl on campus. I would shave my head for a date with that girl. Ehhh, that actually might be where I draw the line.
Personal Thoughts– Chris was a blast to create. As the comic relief and Tristan’s best friend, he always does his best to steal the scene. Whether he is alleviating tensions with a well-timed joke or standing up for his friends against Gabe, Chris is a friend that Tristan is happy to have by his side. While it would be easy to keep the character as superficial, there is much more to Chris’ story than simply this.
Abandoned as a child, Chris grew up in the foster system, bouncing back and forth between homes. He hides behind his looks and jokes as a defense mechanism to hide the pain of his childhood and fear of abandonment. His uncertainty towards his powers only serves to intensify his fears of rejection within his newfound home. With the help of his friends and teammates, Chris has a chance to face these fears and find the family he has always longed for.
As always, I hope you all enjoyed this character profile. Until next time, keep imagining…